Turns out, happy, healthy, and engaged employees are a priceless resource for companies. Improving employee engagement is a step in the right direction for any organization. Whether you’re hiring new employees or looking to increase employees’ commitment, this article will help you choose the right course.
But keep in mind that increasing employee effective communication, emotional connection, and engagement among teams is not as easy and fast as you might expect. You should start to focus on building engagement strategies to reduce employee turnover and create strategic alignment within your company.
Table of Contents
How Does Employee Engagement Effect Strategic Alignment?
Employee engagement strategies produce many benefits, such as increased productivity, team commitment, or a balance between work and personal time. In addition, it allows team members to motivate their colleagues and help them to work at their full capacity at no extra cost.
Here’s why looking into improving employee engagement at your organization should be next on your to-do list:
- For at least half of your employees, money is not important.
- If employees are not motivated, chances are, they will become disengaged employees, and eventually they will quit.
- There is a high probability that your competitors are already prioritizing employee engagement.
- Increased employee engagement results in reduced stress levels.
What Are The Key Employee Engagement Metrics To Measure for HR Teams?
Employee engagement and internal communications are just content marketing in an HR context and their results need to be measured. Here are some metrics which the HR teams can take into consideration when measuring employee engagement.
Employee Productivity Rate
There are some different ways to measure employee productivity, but there are many software tools nowadays that can help you get these insights easier and quicker.
Employee Satisfaction Rate
Employee satisfaction can be measured through annual employee engagement surveys or pulse surveys. Dissatisfaction can cause a lot of problems in the structure of the organization, such as increased employee turnover.
To calculate the organization’s absence rate, you should simply divide the number of workdays an employee was absent by the total number of workdays.
Employee Engagement Rate
And finally, the Employee Engagement Rate. Employee engagement is also measured through relationship or engagement research. You can use such tools as surveys and questionnaires, as well as employee engagement software.
Analyzing performance concerning employee engagement and other outputs provides interesting insights and comparisons between departments and teams, which enables them to make informed decisions in the future.
The most satisfied employees work at peak performance. Engagement action plans are hardly the main factor that HR should focus on. People who love their work and are proud of their company increase their productivity and workload. Engaged employees tend to perform better under stress and perceive it as a “fun experience”. Moreover, engagement can also be viewed as an indicator of a team leader’s success.
What Can You Measure With an Employee Engagement Software?
Of course, you can always use a free service to survey to measure employee engagement. Choosing to use a more complex employee engagement tool will provide you with the ability to track dynamics, communicate within the company and generate reports to analyze the situation in your company.
Here are the main components of the employee engagement tool:
- Feedback. Feedback is just as valuable as recognition in building employee engagement. You should look for software that allows employees and managers to provide feedback in a way that is profitable for both individual employees and the rest of the organization. Receiving useful feedback encourages employees to do better even they are all alone; it creates an emotional connection between managers and employees, more that it drives employees to achieve their personal goals.
- Recognition of employee success and efforts. Recognition from management and colleagues is one of the best ways to increase employee engagement. Receiving and recognizing merit should not be limited to monthly or quarterly meetings. Look for software with clear and simple real-time feedback features.
- Goal setting and tracking. How do you bring individuals, teams, and the entire organization together into a single set of company goals? This requires more than an email note. Real-time goal setting and tracking software give you immediate access to information on how individuals and teams are aligning with their goals.
- Scheduling one-on-one meetings between employees and management. One-on-one meetings are extremely important in helping managers establish psychological and emotional communication with employees. One-on-one meetings allow employees to express their ideas, feedback, or concerns in a personalized setting and improve communication within the employee lifecycle.
- The involvement of employees in the work processes is impossible without authorized managers. Managers are the best means for increasing engagement rates in the company. Providing managers with the tools they need to inspect, report, and increase engagement easily with comprehensive, easy-to-use employee engagement software. Especially for remote teams, teams need to engage for success.
How to Measure and Track Employee Engagement in Microsoft Teams?
To help track employee engagement and productivity, Microsoft has recently introduced a new Productivity Score tool that lets managers playfully observe how their employees use the Microsoft toolbox.
Metrics of this feature include information on how often an employee turns on the webcam during virtual meetings, how often they send emails (and how many @), whether they regularly contribute to shared documents or group chats, and reports the number of days they have used other Microsoft tools like Word, Excel, Skype, Outlook, or Teams in the past month. Microsoft can also compare the above-mentioned data to the performance of other companies.
Each month, new options are added, and the capabilities of Teams are expanded. The platform is evolving towards more mobility, comfortable team interaction, and increased engagement of the participants in the discussions. Thanks to this, many employees will be able to interact more effectively using various gadgets and regardless of the format of work.