OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are a powerful business tool that helps companies focus on the results that matter most to them. They are used by Google, LinkedIn, Airbnb, and other top companies.
OKR templates are great because they are simple to implement and can be used in any company or department in any industry. However, you don’t want to use the same template that everyone else uses, right? This means you might be tempted to make your templates using Excel.
Well, you should not go for the manual OKR templates at all. This article will explain why you should not create OKR templates in Excel.
Table of Contents
10 Free OKR Templates
You can use the OKR templates we provide to save substantial time. In these templates, you will find sections such as objectives, key results, targets, and progress tracking. Using these premade templates instead of making them from scratch will allow your teams to quickly implement their goals.
Ready-to-use templates help you efficiently create and track your objectives. By using these OKR templates, you can also create consistency since they include structured and standardized sections.
1. OKR Tracking Template
The OKR Tracking Template in Excel presents each objective and their associated key results with columns for weekly progress updates. It also includes a column that calculate your overall OKR achievement score based on the weekly progress data.
2. Report OKR Template
This Excel OKR template allows you to observe your progress over multiple years and quarters. The OKR template includes columns for the year and quarter as well as objectives, key results, numeric goal, achieved to date, and percentage of your progress.
What sets this template apart from other OKR templates provided is that it includes an assignee names column for easy reference which provides clarity on who is responsible for each objective.
3. Company Mission and Vision OKR Template
This OKR template includes important sections like company name, prepared by, and date and it offers customizability for employees to use their specific company details.
It includes an aspirations section which allows you to list your ambitions and it creates a roadmap for success. This template will also guide your employees with its key results and obstacles sections.
4. OKR Template with Check-in
This OKR template has a settings tab where users can add their company name. You can list your objectives alongside your key results which facilitates visualization of your OKR progress.
This Excel OKR template allows you to customize its settings which makes it even more user-friendly and practical. Use this template to enhance your organizations alignment and build transparency regarding your objectives.
5. Simple OKR Template – Excel
This OKR template is user-friendly and it will help you streamline your goal setting and tracking processes. You can effortlessly change the placeholders provided in this OKR template.
Furthermore using this OKR template will help you adopt a SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound) goal-setting approach.
6. OKR Documents Template
This OKR Template allows you to monitor your organizational as well as team objectives. The OKR template starts with a section for company objectives and you can write your goals in addition to your progress percentages.
Then it gives you a space to list your teams objectives. You can also find the associated key results of each team objective that align with your company objective.
7. Presentation OKR Template
This OKR template includes the key components of OKR. In other words, it presents the important aspects of OKRs concisely. For example, this OKR template gives you space to talk about your company mission, yearly objectives, quarterly objectives, key results, your tasks and top priorities, your OKR health and so on!
8. Goal Setting OKR Template
This OKR template is focused on your goal-setting and it will guide your teams by defining objectives and your key results. It includes a factors to consider section which will is divided into two areas: supports and obtacles. By identifying the supporting factors and your challenges, you’ll have a more straightforward path to success.
9. OKR Template with Additional Comments
In this OKR template, we provided you with space for additional comments so you can give contextual information while listing your OKRs. This OKR template will encourage your employees to share important information, their challenges, and suggestions.
10. Simple OKR Template -Word
With this simple OKR Template in a Word document you will define and track your objectives and key results in a straightforward way. This word OKR template, with its minimalist design, offers you simplicity.
Importance Of Smart Goal Setting
One of the most fundamental errands for any gathering to be fruitful is appropriate goal setting. It is essential to work with your colleagues and consultant to decide the OKR framework that your company will pursue this year.
Spend sufficient time conceptualizing and afterward exchanging words on the objectives. Attempt to lay out a couple of targets that will assist you with accomplishing those OKR goals.
Apart from this, one needs to keep these objectives recorded and allude to them at different focuses consistently. Try not to fail to focus on your goals; assuming you figure out how to remember them, you’ll be a lot nearer to accomplishing them!
Meaning Of SMART Goals
We can define the meaning of SMART goals in the following manner:
- S stands for Specific. Here, it would be best if you were specific in your language. Your goals need to be stated precisely.
- M stands for Measurable. Your company goals should be trackable as well as quantifiable.
- A means Achievable. The company goals should be achievable.
- R stands for Relevant. It would help if you chose goals that are entirely relevant to your organization.
- T refers to Timely. You should have a proper deadline and time frame.
Automated OKRs Vs. Manual OKR Templates
Are you constantly concerned about your capability to complete objectives and key results? If so, you’re certainly not alone, as millions of professionals suffer from the same disorder.
Luckily, there are two potential solutions to this problem that may help alleviate some of that stress, both of which are known as OKR (Objectives and Key Results) templates.
Here, we will be talking about automated OKRs and manual OKR planning template. However, we will also tell you which OKR template might be right for you based on your current skill set and personal preferences.
Creating Manual OKR Templates
Here, understanding OKR vs. KPI is very important. First, talking about OKR goals, they are very ambitious and aggressive. On the other side, KPI goals are generally obtainable, and they primarily represent the result or output of a project.
The essential tool through which you can track the progress of your OKR goals is an OKR spreadsheet where you list each plan and monitor your progress on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis.
You can even create additional columns for notes, metrics, and other relevant information about each project you’re tracking. As long as you’re working from an organized template that makes sense for your company, manually creating your templates offers flexibility in structure.
However, creating manual OKR templates takes time, and you can spend it elsewhere to develop your company. If manual templates do not fit into your workflow, you can go for automated OKR templates. It will make things convenient for you, and using automated OKR templates is probably more beneficial than creating something on your own.
Automated OKR Templates
While automated OKRs can be extremely useful, we are not saying they substitute for manual templates. On the contrary, using automated OKR software means that you rely on software to do all of that work for you.
However, it saves time, and you can invest your time in other productive operations. This is why the popularity of automated OKR tools is increasing.
We can say that while manual OKR templates are more convenient to create and use, automated OKRs offer greater flexibility and capabilities.
There is no correct answer about which style is best for you—choose what works best for your organization. For example, if your organization frequently changes direction, it might be more efficient to start with an automated process that quickly adapts.
7 Main Benefits Of Using OKR Software
The benefits of using OKR software are as follows:
- Improved Team Collaboration: It’s easier to collaborate and succeed when everyone is working toward one goal. OKR software lets you see exactly how your team is doing in each department or project and what they need to improve upon. This makes it easy for you to keep your team on task at all times and work together toward success.
- Clear Goals And Direction: One of the most significant advantages of using software such as OKRs is how it helps with clear goals and direction. Without structure, teams tend to flounder around in projects, working on what they feel like on any day rather than creating a long-term strategy. A well-defined framework, such as using OKRs, provides uniformity and clarity. Employees know what their responsibility is within a project or job description.
- Increased Productivity: It’s no secret that individuals who track their productivity levels can be more productive than those who don’t. Part of increasing your productivity is planning; with goal-setting software, you can visualize what needs to get done and have a concrete plan for completing it. This may seem like a lot of work at first glance—but if you’re struggling to meet deadlines or find enough time in your day to complete tasks, try setting up some goals with popular OKR software.
- Increase Employee Engagement: Tracking employee performance using OKR software improves engagement, leading to improved productivity and revenue.
- Create alignment: OKR software helps set targets for each level of your company that align with the general vision and goals.
- Promote Innovation: The OKR framework allows the leaders to set challenging company goals. Even when they know that the company goal might not be achievable, it can motivate the employees to think profoundly and achieve as much as possible.
- Visualize Your Goals: OKR software allows managers to visualize the company goals with proper implementation. The OKR framework offers regular reviews and transparency. It helps the organization to achieve hyper-growth.
So, this is all about the benefits of using OKR software. And, we have provided you with why you should not create OKR templates in Excel from scratch.
Not satisfied? Check out 5 Reasons to Digitize Your Performance Management Process
You can click here and check out our list: Top 10 Free OKR Software to Use in 2022
Whether you are using OKR goal-setting templates, OKR scorecard templates, OKR framework templates, or a simple OKR template, you are guaranteed to cut the time you are spending on setting goals & OKRs by a huge amount. One of the best OKR software you can use in this regard is Teamflect. To schedule a free demo with Teamflect you can click right here!
OKR Templates F.A.Q.
How do you set up an OKR system?
- Define your needs
- Set clear goals
- Create a timeline for each goal
- Assign goals to team members
- Track goals
Why is OKR important?
- Improved Team Collaboration
- Clear Goals And Direction:
- Increased productivity
- Increase Employ Engagement:
- Align Organization
- Promote Innovation
- Visualize Your Goals
What is an OKR template?
OKR templates give their users access to a performance management system framework for setting team objectives and keeping track of the key results.