We’re back with another Microsoft Teams tutorial! Today we’re going to look at two ways you can send recognition in Microsoft Teams: the conventional way and the better way. Recognizing and appreciating the hard work of your team members is crucial for creating a positive and productive work environment.
In Microsoft Teams, there are a variety of ways to send recognitions, from traditional methods to more modern and efficient ways like using a specialized tool. In this blog post, we will explore the conventional way of sending recognition in Microsoft Teams, as well as the better way of using a tool like Teamflect.
Whether you’re new to Microsoft Teams or a seasoned user, this guide will help you find the best way to send recognition in Microsoft Teams and boost morale in your team.
The conventional way to send recognition in Microsoft Teams
If you want to send recognition in Microsoft Teams, there are two ways you can do it. You can either use the chat, or the Channels or Tabs section. If you want to recognize your employees in the conventional way:
- Go to channels or tabs in the general chat where you have all employees.
- Click on Posts and go to New Conversation.
- Click on the little light bulb icon which is Praise. In here, you can pick a custom badge and choose the employee you want to recognize.
- Copy and paste your note and now, you can preview your recognition to see what will look like.
- Click Send and send your recognition.
Now you can see the recognition you sent in the chat and click “Review your praise history” to see the sent and received recognitions that have been exchanged previously. And that’s about it for the classic version!
The better way to send recognition in Microsoft Teams
1- By using Teamflect in the chatbox
That was the conventional way of sending recognitions in Microsoft Teams, but now let’s look at how you can take your employee recognition game to the next level with Teamflect. To recognize your employees with Teamflect:
- Go to Microsoft Teams again in the general section.
- Start a new conversation, same as the last time, but click on the Teamflect icon this time. If you don’t have this icon, then you need to download Teamflect. You can do it by going to Apps and downloading Teamflect and you can just pin it to the left side menu.
- Click on the new recognition section and simply pick who you are sending the recognition to
- Choose a pre-made recognition badge or create and customize your own badge.
- Put in your message and send the recognition.
- Now you can see the recognition you sent as a card in your chat box.
What you can do with Teamflect recognitions is that you can put them on a channel of their own, then all the recognitions you give out to everyone in the team will just be there.
It’s a great way to establish an employee recognition culture in your organization. It’s a great tool for employee engagement and it keeps the spirits high. It creates a great synergy in your organization.
You can do the very same thing in the chat section as well. To do this, just pick someone in the chat and go to New Conversation and just do the very same thing.
2- By using Teamflect during meetings
N1ow, let us show how you can use this to send recognitions during your meetings.
- On your Teamflect Dashboard, you can see all your upcoming meetings. Choose the meeting you want to send recognition in and the person.
- Click recognition part on the meeting page.
- Send the person you’ve selected a recognition.
3- By using Teamflect in Outlook
In addition, if you’re using Outlook, you can send your recognitions over Outlook. What Teamflect does is it can convert all your recognitions into data and let you make the most out of your recognitions. To check your recognition data:
- Go to the Admin center.in Teamflect app.
- Go to Reports and click on Recognitions. Now you can see the amount of data you can reach here
- You can see the top senders and receivers and the words most used and the interaction between departments.
And in the bottom section, you can see all the data regarding all the recognition sent so far. And on the right hand side, you can filter this data however you want. Those are the reporting capabilities.
That brings us to the end of this tutorial. In conclusion, sending recognitions in Microsoft Teams is a great way to show appreciation for your team members and boost morale. The conventional way of sending recognitions through email or chat can be effective, but using a specialized tool like Teamflect takes it to the next level.
With its user-friendly interface and advanced recognition features, Teamflect makes it easy to send and track recognitions, foster a positive work environment, and boost productivity. If you’re looking to take your team’s recognition efforts to the next level, consider using Teamflect today.